The Château is named after the “Commanderie des Templiers”, an ancient building dedicated to the “Knights of the Templars” Order which then stood on the estate.
The domain has been bought by Gabriel MEFFRE in 1957. Today his son, Claude MEFFRE, own another property in the Pauillac area.
The terroir is made up of gravels and clay. Thanks to it, this estate is part of the best Crus Bourgeois from Saint-Estèphe.